The best sorbet this summer!
Delhi is officially too hot to function. Which also means that the markets are flooded with mangoes, melons and cherries!
But its quite cruel how they only last for a couple of weeks in the market.
Cherry popsicles and Jollyrancher lollipops are my favorite flavours ever!
For the longest time in Delhi, only the tiniest sort of bland cherries were available which were unevenly ripe. UNTIL, cherries from Himachal Pradesh were being sold in Delhi, which resemble small plump plums (perfectly sweet and sour! ) 🙂
So, when my mother decided to buy these beautiful cherries for me, I turned to Mr. Lebovitz for the ultimate Cherry Sorbet. You can find the recipe below.
Heres what you need:
- 1 kilo cherries
- 250ml water
- 180 gms sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a saucepan, dump in the pitted cherries, water and sugar
- Steep the fruit in the sugar syrup until they are tender and cooked through; This takes about 15 minutes
- Remove from heat and let it cool down to room temperature
- Blitz the fruit and syrup in a blender
- Mix in the lemon juice in the puree
- Chill the mixture overnight and churn the next day as per manufacturer’s instructions